The Red Hat OpenStack Administration III (CL310) course provides extensive hands-on training for experienced system administrators in how to use the distributed storage features of Red Hat® Ceph Storage and the networking capabilities of OpenStack® Neutron. Students will set up a Ceph environment and its configuration as a back end for OpenStack, and configure and use the advanced features of OpenStack Neutron.
This course includes Red Hat Certified Engineer in Red Hat Openstack exam (EX310).
Deploy Red Hat Ceph Storage
Manage snapshots in Red Hat Ceph Storage
Access Ceph storage through Ceph block device (RBD) and Ceph object gateway (RADOSGW)
Configure Red Hat Ceph Storage as a storage back end for OpenStack Services
Manage networks based on VXLAN, VLAN and GRE
Deploy and using load-balancer-as-a-service (LBaaS) in OpenStack Neutron
Troubleshoot Neutron issues
Who Can Benefit
Experienced Linux® system administrators who want to learn:
To configure scalable and distributed storage as a storage back end for OpenStack
The advanced features offered by OpenStack Neutron
Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®) certification or equivalent experience
Red Hat Certified System Administrator in Red Hat OpenStack certification or equivalent experience
Have taken Red Hat OpenStack Administration (CL210) course
Introduction to Red Hat Ceph Storage
• Introduce Red Hat Ceph Storage architecture, components, and attributes.
Describe Red Hat Ceph Storage components and features
• Describe the components and features of Red Hat Ceph Storage.
Deploy and access Red Hat Ceph Storage
• Create snapshots and clones for Red Hat Ceph Storage.
Create snapshots and clones
• Manage snapshots and clones of a Ceph Block Device (RBD).
Ceph with the Glance Image service
• Integrate Ceph with the OpenStack Glance Image service to store OpenStack images in Ceph.
Ceph with the Cinder Block Storage service
• Integrate Ceph with the OpenStack Cinder Block Storage service to provide OpenStack volumes in Ceph.
Ceph with the Nova compute service
• Integrate Ceph with the OpenStack Nova compute service to store instance data in Ceph.
Introduce networking fundamentals
• Review networking concepts and deploy OpenStack with a separate Neutron networking node.
• Manage network interfaces manually (using the ip command) and persistently.
• Install and manage virtual network bridges.
Virtual network devices
• Create and deploy virtual network devices.
• Manage and implement networks inside a network namespace.
• Verify and manage the Neutron services.
Provisioning tenant networks
• Provision tenant networks using VXLAN tunnels, GRE tunnels, and VLANs.
Implementing load-balancer-as-a-service (LBaaS)
• Implement LbaaS.
Neutron networking services
• Diagnose and troubleshoot issues with the Neutron networking service.
• Review tasks from the Red Hat OpenStack III course.