Red Hat® Ceph Storage Architecture and Administration (CEPH125) is part of the Emerging Technology series of courses from Red Hat Training. This five-day course is designed for storage administrators or cloud operators who want to deploy Red Hat Ceph Storage in their production environment as well as their OpenStack® environment.
Deploying Red Hat Ceph Storage
Creating a Ceph Block Device client
Deploying the Red Hat Ceph Storage Gateway objects
Troubleshooting Red Hat Ceph Storage
Red Hat Ceph Storage operations and tuning
Integrating Red Hat Ceph Storage with Glance
Integrating Red Hat Ceph Storage with Cinder
Integrating Red Hat Ceph Storage with Keystone
Who Can Benefit
This course is intended for storage administrators, cloud operators, and cloud developers who want to learn how to deploy and manage Red Hat Ceph Storage within or outside the Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform environment.
Knowledge in Linux server administration and Linux command line
Fundamental storage knowledge
Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or the equivalent experience with Linux
Introduction to course and Ceph
• Introduce the course, Ceph Storage, and related Ceph systems.
Overview of Ceph components
• Provide an overview of the requirements to create and access object storage data in Ceph Object Store.
Overview of CRUSH map
• Understand CRUSH data placement algorithm and how it is used to determine data placement.
Ceph Block storage
• Describe the method to create and access block storage data with the Ceph Block device (RBD).
• Describe the method to create and access file storage data with the Ceph distributed file system.
Ceph Storage cluster
• Create a Ceph object cluster.
• Configure a Ceph file in Global, MON, MDS, and OSD server sections.
• Work with Ceph object clusters, Ceph Block Devices, Ceph Object Gateway daemons, and Ceph Filesystem.
• Understand Ceph pool concepts and configuration.
CRUSH map configuration
• Configure and manage CRUSH map.
• Explain and create MON servers.
• Explain and create Ceph OSD servers and OSD Maps.
• Overview, configure, and map MDS servers.
• Overview alternative deployment methods.
Ceph operations & maintenance
• Overview and troubleshoot daily maintenance with Ceph.
• Tune the Linux server.
Ceph daemon optimization
• Overview and optimize Ceph daemons.
• Discuss architectural considerations for Ceph Performance Optimization.
Ceph Client tuning & troubleshooting
• Tune and troubleshoot Ceph Client.
Introduction to OpenStack & Ceph
• Introduce and explain integration of Ceph and OpenStack.
Integrate Ceph with Glance
• Integrate object storage for image with Glance.
Integrate Ceph with Cinder
• Integrate block storage for VMs with Cinder.
Ceph and Ceph Object Gateway daemons
• Overview process to replace Swift with Ceph and Ceph Object Gateway daemons.