Intended for mid-level Java™ developers, JBoss® Enterprise Application Development (JB225) introduces you to Java EE 6 frameworks, specifications, and application programming interfaces (APIs).
Build robust enterprise applications using JBoss middleware.
Build secure enterprise applications.
Integrate applications with back-end enterprise information and messaging systems.
Test with Arquillian.
Use Contexts and Dependency Injection (CDI) for seamless multi-tier applications.
Understand administration tasks for developers.
Leverage JBoss Developer Studio tools.
Who Can Benefit
Students with Java programming experience who want to enter Enterprise Java development
Experienced Enterprise Java developers who are migrating to JBoss for the first time
Experienced Enterprise Java developers who want to upgrade their skill set using Java EE 6 and the latest JBoss Enterprise Application Platform and JBoss Developer Studio
Fluency in the Java programming language (Java SE 5 or 6), particularly annotations and object-oriented design
Ability to read HTML and XML documents
Basic experience with an integrated development environment (IDE) like Eclipse
Create, test, maintain Java EE-compliant applications
• Learn how to create, test, and maintain Java EE-compliant applications from start to finish using the Eclipse-based JBoss Developer Studio.
Create a fully functional enterprise Java application
Comprehensive lectures and extensive use-case, hands-on labs introduce you to enterprise application development using:
• JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6
• JBoss Hibernate®
• Other related technologies to create a fully functional enterprise Java application
Developer administration tasks for JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6
• Use the new JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 administration interfaces and deployment models.
Introduction to JBoss Developer Studio
• Leverage JBoss Developer Studio tools to control servers and manage projects.
Contexts and Dependency Injection
• Build CDI-enabled applications.
• Test applications using JUnit and Arquillian.
• Implement business logic using EJB.
• Use JBoss Enterprise Application Platform implementations for JAX-WS support with RESTEasy and Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) to build web services.
• Use HornetQ to add asynchronous messaging to enterprise components and develop message-driven beans.
• Persist data with JPA and Hibernate.
• Create a rich web UI using JSF 2 and RichFaces.
• Secure applications using JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 and application security.
Packaging and deployment
• Understand deployment options for application packages built with JBoss Developer Studio for a variety of middleware servers.