IBM Cognos Framework Manager: Design Metadata Models (V10.2.2) is designed to provide you with introductory to advanced knowledge of metadata modeling concepts, and how to model metadata for predictable reporting and analysis results using Framework Manager. You will learn the full scope of the metadata modeling process, from initial project creation, to publishing of metadata to the Web, enabling end users to easily author reports and analyze data.
Please refer to the Course Overview for description information.
Who Can Benefit
This advanced course is recommended for developers who design metadata models for use in IBM Cognos BI.
You should have:
• Knowledge of common industry standard data structures and design
• Experience with SQL
• Experience gathering requirements and analyzing data
• Overview of IBM Cognos BI
• Identifying common data structures
• Gathering requirements
• Creating a baseline project
• Preparing reusable metadata
• Modeling for predictable results
• Creating calculations and filters
• Implementing a time dimension
• Specifying determinants
• Creating the presentation view
• Working with different query subject types
• Setting security in Framework Manager
• Creating analysis objects
• Managing OLAP data sources
• Advanced generated SQL concepts and complex queries